S Korea’s S-Oil’s net profit down in Q2
Sources also reported that the company’s sales decreased by 1.4% on a yearly basis to 694,000 barrels/day in the second quarter and sales were down by 0.9% on a quarterly basis.
The company’s revenue, on the other hand, was up by 11.1% on a yearly basis to KRW4.67 trillion ($4.17 billion) in Q2 when compared to KRW4.2 trillion ($3.7 billion) in the same period of the last year due to higher prices.
Meanwhile, the company’s operating profit plummeted to KRW117.3 billion ($104.8 million) in the second quarter from KRW604.9 billion ($540.8 million) in the previous quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia