S. Korea’s SKGC plans to shut its styrene plant for maintenance
The scheduled turnaround at the company’s No. 2 naphtha-fed steam cracker and No. 2 fluid catalytic cracker are expected to last from September 17 to October 25.
The No. 2 naphtha-fed steam cracker is able to produce 660,000 tons/year of ethylene and 350,000 tons/year of propylene while the No. 2 FCC has a design capacity of 350,000 tons/year of propylene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS