S.Korea’s YNCC switches to LPG at one of its crackers
Sources stated that the company decided to use LPG feedstock given stronger margins on ethylene production. However, YNCC continues to use naphtha for its No.2 and No.3 crackers in Yeosu. The No.2 cracker is able to produce 580,000 tons/year of ethylene and 270,000 tons/year of propylene while the No.3 cracker has ethylene capacity of 470,000 tons/year and propylene capacity of 230,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East