S.Korea’s YNCC switches to LPG at one of its crackers
Sources stated that the company decided to use LPG feedstock given stronger margins on ethylene production. However, YNCC continues to use naphtha for its No.2 and No.3 crackers in Yeosu. The No.2 cracker is able to produce 580,000 tons/year of ethylene and 270,000 tons/year of propylene while the No.3 cracker has ethylene capacity of 470,000 tons/year and propylene capacity of 230,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use