S. Korea’s exports slump on petchem plant turnarounds in May
Exports to China decreased more than 3% while exports to US fell over 7%. Analysts commented that the latest data showed that March’s rate cut was not sufficient to boost the country’s economy, indicating that the central bank may consider further rate cuts. However, South Korea’s Trade Ministry expects exports to increase in June.
Imports, meanwhile, fell 15.3% to $36.07 billion in May. Accordingly, the country’s trade surplus reached $6.32 billion.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally