S. Korea’s industrial output edges up in November
The country’s manufacturing climbed 1.4% month over month in November owing to higher production of cars and semiconductors. Production in the service sector was down 0.3% after posting an increase of 0.8% in October while retail sales rose 1.9% month over month in November.
On a yearly basis, the country’s industrial production decreased 3.4% in November when compared to a 3.2% decline in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs