S. Korea’s industrial output rises at slower pace in 2014
However, industrial output increased for a second straight month in December, rising by a seasonally adjusted rate of 3.0% owing to higher production of automobiles, semiconductor memory chips and related parts and components.
On a yearly basis, factory output rose 0.4% in December. It was reported that South Korean companies benefited from lower oil prices, which brought down production costs.
Meanwhile, South Korea’s retail sales expanded 2.2% month over month in December while sales for durable goods increased 3.2%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?