S. Korea’s industrial output rises at slower pace in 2014
However, industrial output increased for a second straight month in December, rising by a seasonally adjusted rate of 3.0% owing to higher production of automobiles, semiconductor memory chips and related parts and components.
On a yearly basis, factory output rose 0.4% in December. It was reported that South Korean companies benefited from lower oil prices, which brought down production costs.
Meanwhile, South Korea’s retail sales expanded 2.2% month over month in December while sales for durable goods increased 3.2%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF