S Korea’s industrial production up, retail sales down in Nov
The rise in industrial production was attributed to the increase in manufacturing. In November, South Korea’s manufacturing output climbed by 3.4% on a monthly and by 5% on a yearly basis.
Meanwhile, the data showed that the country’s retail sales declined by 0.2% month-on-month after posting an increase of 5.5% in October. However, retail sales were up further by 3.2% year-on-year after a 2.5% increase in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?