S Korea’s industrial production up, retail sales down in Nov
The rise in industrial production was attributed to the increase in manufacturing. In November, South Korea’s manufacturing output climbed by 3.4% on a monthly and by 5% on a yearly basis.
Meanwhile, the data showed that the country’s retail sales declined by 0.2% month-on-month after posting an increase of 5.5% in October. However, retail sales were up further by 3.2% year-on-year after a 2.5% increase in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure