S Korea’s industrial production up, retail sales down in Nov
The rise in industrial production was attributed to the increase in manufacturing. In November, South Korea’s manufacturing output climbed by 3.4% on a monthly and by 5% on a yearly basis.
Meanwhile, the data showed that the country’s retail sales declined by 0.2% month-on-month after posting an increase of 5.5% in October. However, retail sales were up further by 3.2% year-on-year after a 2.5% increase in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets