S Korea’s industrial production up, retail sales down in Nov
The rise in industrial production was attributed to the increase in manufacturing. In November, South Korea’s manufacturing output climbed by 3.4% on a monthly and by 5% on a yearly basis.
Meanwhile, the data showed that the country’s retail sales declined by 0.2% month-on-month after posting an increase of 5.5% in October. However, retail sales were up further by 3.2% year-on-year after a 2.5% increase in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene
- Vietnam PP prices propelled by bullish China market, improved demand outlook
- Asian PVC markets shaken by fresh round of sharp hikes; prices reach new highs
- Higher costs, rising demand carry import LDPE prices to a 5-month high in China
- SE Asian PP lifted by supportive supply-demand fundamentals
- European PVC loses premium over global markets; Oct calls for hikes