S. Korean ABS producer seeks hefty April hikes in Turkey
“We have been offered hefty increases of $220/ton for ABS natural and $130/ton for colored grades. Our supplier justified their increase decision with their tight supplies as well as higher spot styrene and butadiene costs in Asia. The producer is not willing to give much ground on their new prices, we feel,” the trader mentioned.
Although spot styrene and butadiene costs in Asia edged down by $10/ton on FOB South Korea basis week over week, they still indicated $65-75/ton increases compared to the beginning of March.
A similar picture is valid in China, where ABS suppliers hold a firmer pricing policy citing their limited availability as well as higher production costs although overall trade is not spectacular. In Southeast Asia, the import ABS market hit 7 month highs, according to ChemOrbis Price Index, on the back of healthy demand and higher costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month