S. Korean ABS producer seeks hefty April hikes in Turkey
“We have been offered hefty increases of $220/ton for ABS natural and $130/ton for colored grades. Our supplier justified their increase decision with their tight supplies as well as higher spot styrene and butadiene costs in Asia. The producer is not willing to give much ground on their new prices, we feel,” the trader mentioned.
Although spot styrene and butadiene costs in Asia edged down by $10/ton on FOB South Korea basis week over week, they still indicated $65-75/ton increases compared to the beginning of March.
A similar picture is valid in China, where ABS suppliers hold a firmer pricing policy citing their limited availability as well as higher production costs although overall trade is not spectacular. In Southeast Asia, the import ABS market hit 7 month highs, according to ChemOrbis Price Index, on the back of healthy demand and higher costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?