S. Korean ABS producer seeks hefty April hikes in Turkey
“We have been offered hefty increases of $220/ton for ABS natural and $130/ton for colored grades. Our supplier justified their increase decision with their tight supplies as well as higher spot styrene and butadiene costs in Asia. The producer is not willing to give much ground on their new prices, we feel,” the trader mentioned.
Although spot styrene and butadiene costs in Asia edged down by $10/ton on FOB South Korea basis week over week, they still indicated $65-75/ton increases compared to the beginning of March.
A similar picture is valid in China, where ABS suppliers hold a firmer pricing policy citing their limited availability as well as higher production costs although overall trade is not spectacular. In Southeast Asia, the import ABS market hit 7 month highs, according to ChemOrbis Price Index, on the back of healthy demand and higher costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene
- Turkey’s import PP market hovers around 3-year low as activity stays depressed
- HDPE moves below LDPE, LLDPE after almost two years in Asia
- Price gap between PS and styrene widens in Asia
- Turkey's polymer imports rebound in Q3; will 2019 end with a smaller-than-expected fall?
- China's PE imports hit a new record of 12 m tons in first 3 quarters
- Year-end stock clearing adds to bearish PE trend in SE Asia
- Tax on plastic packaging causes jitters among Italian players