S. Korean ABS producer seeks hefty April hikes in Turkey
“We have been offered hefty increases of $220/ton for ABS natural and $130/ton for colored grades. Our supplier justified their increase decision with their tight supplies as well as higher spot styrene and butadiene costs in Asia. The producer is not willing to give much ground on their new prices, we feel,” the trader mentioned.
Although spot styrene and butadiene costs in Asia edged down by $10/ton on FOB South Korea basis week over week, they still indicated $65-75/ton increases compared to the beginning of March.
A similar picture is valid in China, where ABS suppliers hold a firmer pricing policy citing their limited availability as well as higher production costs although overall trade is not spectacular. In Southeast Asia, the import ABS market hit 7 month highs, according to ChemOrbis Price Index, on the back of healthy demand and higher costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe