S. Korean ABS producer seeks hefty April hikes in Turkey
“We have been offered hefty increases of $220/ton for ABS natural and $130/ton for colored grades. Our supplier justified their increase decision with their tight supplies as well as higher spot styrene and butadiene costs in Asia. The producer is not willing to give much ground on their new prices, we feel,” the trader mentioned.
Although spot styrene and butadiene costs in Asia edged down by $10/ton on FOB South Korea basis week over week, they still indicated $65-75/ton increases compared to the beginning of March.
A similar picture is valid in China, where ABS suppliers hold a firmer pricing policy citing their limited availability as well as higher production costs although overall trade is not spectacular. In Southeast Asia, the import ABS market hit 7 month highs, according to ChemOrbis Price Index, on the back of healthy demand and higher costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?