S Korean PET faces further discounts on competition from China
The producer’s PET offers currently stand at $1060-1065/ton on FOB Busan, cash basis.
Meanwhile, the overall range for export PET bottle prices from China is currently quoted at $1000-1020/ton FOB, cash. Players in Europe have started to show more interest in Chinese cargoes recently due to their competitive prices.
The European Union terminated the 13-year-long anti-dumping measures on China’s PET products in February this year. However, Chinese materials are still subject to customs duty in the Union while South Korean PET is exempted from any duties.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe