S Korean PET faces further discounts on competition from China
The producer’s PET offers currently stand at $1060-1065/ton on FOB Busan, cash basis.
Meanwhile, the overall range for export PET bottle prices from China is currently quoted at $1000-1020/ton FOB, cash. Players in Europe have started to show more interest in Chinese cargoes recently due to their competitive prices.
The European Union terminated the 13-year-long anti-dumping measures on China’s PET products in February this year. However, Chinese materials are still subject to customs duty in the Union while South Korean PET is exempted from any duties.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures