S. Korean PP, PE prices for Jan surface in Nigeria
“We are yet to receive new Middle Eastern offers for January but our South Korean supplier has already issued decreases. We think that Middle Eastern producers will approach Nigeria with decreases as well when considering the globally decreasing trend. For now, we think that South Korean offers are really competitive, although ongoing problems when opening letters of credit continue to hinder trading activities in the import market. Regarding the local producer ELEME, the producer delivers without any problems but locally held supplies are tight given the hindered import activities, which are causing a rise in prices.”
The trader received South Korean PP raffia and injection at $940/ton, PPBC injection at $980/ton, LDPE film at $1050/ton and HDPE and LLDPE film at $1040/ton on a CFR Lagos, Nigeria, cash basis. Meanwhile, the trader received Indian PP raffia and injection offers at $940/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?