S. Korean producer applies hefty PS, ABS drops to Turkey
A South Korean PS maker revealed sharp drops of $120/ton when compared to early November, bringing its GPPS and HIPS prices to $1320/ton and $1370/ton, respectively, CIF Turkey, cash no duty. Meanwhile, the producer’s ABS offers were down by $170/ton to $1530/ton for natural injection and $200/ton to $1650-1670/ton for black and white injection grades.
Traders reported, “Our supplier is not open to negotiation while we did not find the current price levels workable as the short term sentiment remains weak and the year-end lull hampers activity further nowadays.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s PP and PE markets extend losses into June, liquidity issues persist
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply