S. Korean producer issues large PS, ABS hikes to Turkey
Meanwhile, the South Korean producer lifted its ABS prices by $150-200/ton to $1700/ton for ABS natural injection and $1850/ton for white injection, all CIF Turkey, cash. The producer did not offer ABS black grade.
“These huge hikes for PS and ABS were triggered by rallying butadiene costs in Asia. Although spot styrene prices eased down in the last couple of days as oil prices lost ground after the US FED’s decision to raise interest rates, they still remain above early December,” a trader highlighted.
Spot butadiene prices spiked $180/ton to hit $1930/ton on FOB South Korea basis on Friday, while the cumulative increase on a weekly basis reached $250/ton. Looking at styrene costs, they gained around $10-15/ton with the same terms since December started.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil prices seesaw on geopolitics and ebbing demand
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs