S. Korean producer issues large PS, ABS hikes to Turkey
Meanwhile, the South Korean producer lifted its ABS prices by $150-200/ton to $1700/ton for ABS natural injection and $1850/ton for white injection, all CIF Turkey, cash. The producer did not offer ABS black grade.
“These huge hikes for PS and ABS were triggered by rallying butadiene costs in Asia. Although spot styrene prices eased down in the last couple of days as oil prices lost ground after the US FED’s decision to raise interest rates, they still remain above early December,” a trader highlighted.
Spot butadiene prices spiked $180/ton to hit $1930/ton on FOB South Korea basis on Friday, while the cumulative increase on a weekly basis reached $250/ton. Looking at styrene costs, they gained around $10-15/ton with the same terms since December started.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes