S. Korean producer issues large PS, ABS hikes to Turkey
Meanwhile, the South Korean producer lifted its ABS prices by $150-200/ton to $1700/ton for ABS natural injection and $1850/ton for white injection, all CIF Turkey, cash. The producer did not offer ABS black grade.
“These huge hikes for PS and ABS were triggered by rallying butadiene costs in Asia. Although spot styrene prices eased down in the last couple of days as oil prices lost ground after the US FED’s decision to raise interest rates, they still remain above early December,” a trader highlighted.
Spot butadiene prices spiked $180/ton to hit $1930/ton on FOB South Korea basis on Friday, while the cumulative increase on a weekly basis reached $250/ton. Looking at styrene costs, they gained around $10-15/ton with the same terms since December started.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends