S. Korean producer issues large PS, ABS hikes to Turkey
Meanwhile, the South Korean producer lifted its ABS prices by $150-200/ton to $1700/ton for ABS natural injection and $1850/ton for white injection, all CIF Turkey, cash. The producer did not offer ABS black grade.
“These huge hikes for PS and ABS were triggered by rallying butadiene costs in Asia. Although spot styrene prices eased down in the last couple of days as oil prices lost ground after the US FED’s decision to raise interest rates, they still remain above early December,” a trader highlighted.
Spot butadiene prices spiked $180/ton to hit $1930/ton on FOB South Korea basis on Friday, while the cumulative increase on a weekly basis reached $250/ton. Looking at styrene costs, they gained around $10-15/ton with the same terms since December started.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months