S. Korean producer sells PET with hikes to Europe
“Despite the approaching winter season, we are not aggressive in the European market since we believe that PET and PX prices will continue to firm up in line with higher crude oil futures. Hence, we are mostly limiting our sales volumes and standing firm on our offer levels. We already sold out our December allocation,” commented the source.
The producer’s recent done deal level stands at $1090/ton FOB Busan, cash.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets