S. Korean producer sells PET with hikes to Europe
“Despite the approaching winter season, we are not aggressive in the European market since we believe that PET and PX prices will continue to firm up in line with higher crude oil futures. Hence, we are mostly limiting our sales volumes and standing firm on our offer levels. We already sold out our December allocation,” commented the source.
The producer’s recent done deal level stands at $1090/ton FOB Busan, cash.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes