S&P, Fitch and Moody’s cut UK’s credit rating after Brexit
Accordingly, S&P lowered the country’s sovereign rating from AAA to AA, while Fitch also downgraded it to AA from AA+. Both rating agencies reported that the UK’s vote to exit the EU may lead to deterioration of the UK’s economic performance in the short term.
On June 28, Moody’s also cut its outlook for the UK’s banking system from stable to negative.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month