S&P, Fitch and Moody’s cut UK’s credit rating after Brexit
Accordingly, S&P lowered the country’s sovereign rating from AAA to AA, while Fitch also downgraded it to AA from AA+. Both rating agencies reported that the UK’s vote to exit the EU may lead to deterioration of the UK’s economic performance in the short term.
On June 28, Moody’s also cut its outlook for the UK’s banking system from stable to negative.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs