S&P, Fitch and Moody’s cut UK’s credit rating after Brexit
Accordingly, S&P lowered the country’s sovereign rating from AAA to AA, while Fitch also downgraded it to AA from AA+. Both rating agencies reported that the UK’s vote to exit the EU may lead to deterioration of the UK’s economic performance in the short term.
On June 28, Moody’s also cut its outlook for the UK’s banking system from stable to negative.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?