SABIC, Clariant to form new specialty chemicals business
The new unit is expected to merge SABIC’s specialties business and Clariant’s additives and high-value masterbatch offerings. The process is anticipated to take place until the end of 2019, the press release stated.
The announcement followed the recent regulatory approvals of SABIC’s acquisition of a 24.99% stake in Clariant. SABIC, which became the largest shareholder of the Swiss company, stated that they currently have no plans for a full takeover.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets