SABIC chooses Texas for new petchem project with Exxon
The estimated cost of the project is not yet known as the companies are still conducting studies on technical and commercial aspects of the project before making an investment decision, the reports indicated. The final decision is expected to be revealed in 2018.
The new project is planned to produce 1.8 million tons/year of ethylene and feed a MEG and two polyethylene units and it is a part of SABIC’s strategy to grow in important markets such as the US.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene heads south, propylene yet to follow
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties