SABIC chooses Texas for new petchem project with Exxon
The estimated cost of the project is not yet known as the companies are still conducting studies on technical and commercial aspects of the project before making an investment decision, the reports indicated. The final decision is expected to be revealed in 2018.
The new project is planned to produce 1.8 million tons/year of ethylene and feed a MEG and two polyethylene units and it is a part of SABIC’s strategy to grow in important markets such as the US.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF