SABIC’s Kemya to start commercial production in 2018
SABIC had partially started production at Kemya complex and full production was initially scheduled to start in the second quarter of 2016.
The new complex, which is a 50:50 joint venture between SABIC and ExxonMobil, will be able to produce 400,000 tons/year of different grades of synthetic rubber such as butyl and styrene butadiene rubber, thermoplastic specialty polymers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market