SABIC to invest in the US shale sector
The company has already announced that it will convert its steam cracker in Wilton, the UK, into a gas cracker in order to be able to use ethane coming from the US. The modification project at the company’s 800,000 tons/year cracker is expected to be completed in 2016. The company stated that shale gas is so important for them as the strong decreases in ethane prices are stemming from shale drilling in the US which encourages global companies to invest in US shale.
Meanwhile, the company also stated that they obtained a license to export liquefied natural gas from the US to the UK as part of its expansion projects.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June