SABIC to invest in the US shale sector
The company has already announced that it will convert its steam cracker in Wilton, the UK, into a gas cracker in order to be able to use ethane coming from the US. The modification project at the company’s 800,000 tons/year cracker is expected to be completed in 2016. The company stated that shale gas is so important for them as the strong decreases in ethane prices are stemming from shale drilling in the US which encourages global companies to invest in US shale.
Meanwhile, the company also stated that they obtained a license to export liquefied natural gas from the US to the UK as part of its expansion projects.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness