SE Asia’s LDPE market regains its premium over China
Data from ChemOrbis Price Index reveals that Southeast Asia’s import LDPE film market started to regain its premium over China by mid-January while the premium has become more visible since the end of the Chinese New Year holiday to be currently standing at $40/ton.
Prior to mid-January, China’s LDPE film market had been traded significantly above import levels in Southeast Asia for three consecutive months, the longest period that Southeast Asia is traded below China since 2008 when ChemOrbis began keeping records.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan