SE Asia’s import homo PP market preserves premium over China
According to data obtained from ChemOrbis Price Wizard, Southeast Asia’s import homo PP market sustained its premium over China, currently standing $75/ton above China on average. This premium has somewhat decreased when compared to a month before; however, Southeast Asia still offers better netback to both Chinese and overseas sellers even after the freight differentials are extracted.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
A Chinese trader commented, “Despite the maintenance season and the local producers’ slightly lower stocks, inventories are still high in China. Firmer crude oil prices also yet to support the market sentiment so far. Therefore, traders are still willing to re-export their cargoes to Southeast Asia in order to receive better netbacks.”
Another Chinese trader offering US origin to the Vietnamese market noted, “In the last few months, we have sold more than 3,000 tons of PP cargoes to Southeast Asia.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September