SE Asia’s import homo PP market preserves premium over China
According to data obtained from ChemOrbis Price Wizard, Southeast Asia’s import homo PP market sustained its premium over China, currently standing $75/ton above China on average. This premium has somewhat decreased when compared to a month before; however, Southeast Asia still offers better netback to both Chinese and overseas sellers even after the freight differentials are extracted.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
A Chinese trader commented, “Despite the maintenance season and the local producers’ slightly lower stocks, inventories are still high in China. Firmer crude oil prices also yet to support the market sentiment so far. Therefore, traders are still willing to re-export their cargoes to Southeast Asia in order to receive better netbacks.”
Another Chinese trader offering US origin to the Vietnamese market noted, “In the last few months, we have sold more than 3,000 tons of PP cargoes to Southeast Asia.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops