SE Asian PP buyers expect further decreases
A trader reported that they received offers for Brazilian raffia at $1090/ton CIF, cash and Saudi homo-PP injection at $1120/ton with the same terms. He commented, “Our customers are placing bids at around $1060-1090/ton and we are planning to wait for a while longer before purchasing as we think that prices still have room to decline.”
A second trader stated that he was offered Southeast Asian raffia at $1160/ton CIF, cash. “We are planning to delay our purchases as we believe that prices will eventually drop to the $1000-1100/ton range,” he said.
Meanwhile, a woven bag manufacturer in Indonesia reported receiving an offer for Thai raffia at $1150/ton CIF, cash. The buyer stated, “We did not purchase this material as we feel that prices will fall to around $1025/ton before stabilizing. Demand for our end products remains stable.”
In Southeast Asia, import homo-PP injection and raffia prices are currently reported at $1090-1190/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets