SE Asian PP buyers expect lower prices
An Indonesian converter reported that he received PP raffia offers from two different Saudi suppliers at $970/ton CIF, cash. “We are planning to wait on the sidelines as we believe that we will be able to conclude deals at $950/ton or less later in the month,” the buyer commented.
In Vietnam, a plastic containers manufacturer reported that they received offers for Indian and Saudi raffia and injection at $990/ton CIF, cash. He said, “We placed bids at around $900-950/ton CIF, cash. We are not in a hurry to replenish as we are covered for the next two months.”
Meanwhile, a trader reported that he was offered Taiwanese and coal based Chinese raffia at $980/ton CIF, cash, commenting, “We think that prices for Chinese origins will decrease to $950/ton next week.”
In Southeast Asia, import homo-PP raffia and injection prices are currently standing at $970-1060/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa