SE Asian PVC producers announce July prices to the region
An agent of a Thai PVC producer reported that their supplier also elected to roll over its July PVC prices to Malaysia from June. According to him, the producer’s July prices stand at $830/ton on CIF Malaysia, cash basis, with discounts obtainable on large-scale purchases. “We are receiving our normal allocation from the producer for July. Demand remains weak given the ongoing Ramadan month while many players are now leaving their desks for the Eid holiday,” the agent said.
Meanwhile, a source from an Indonesian producer reported that they have applied a slight decrease of $5/ton on their July PVC prices to Singapore and Malaysia. The producer’s July PVC prices currently stand at $835-845/ton on a CIF Malaysia/Singapore, cash basis.
A source from the producer commented, “We heard that the Taiwanese major managed to sell out its July quota in Southeast Asia and India although the deal level seems slightly lower from June levels as Japanese sellers are now more aggressive on their offers. Unlike the Taiwanese major who rolled over its prices to Asian markets, we slightly decreased our July levels given unsupportive market conditions along with weaker energy complex.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia