SE Asian major lowers regional PP, PE prices for June
“We are feeling relatively free from sales pressure for PP and LDPE as we have some long-standing customers who are still purchasing their normal allocations. For HDPE, however, regional demand is weak and we are looking to divert some of our allocations to other markets such as Europe, Turkey and South America. We hear that some buyers in Vietnam are placing buy ideas for HDPE film at around $1170/ton,” a producer source commented.
Import prices currently stand at $965-1130/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia, at $1150-1230/ton for HDPE film and at $1170-1270/ton for LDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December