SE Asian major lowers regional PP, PE prices for June
“We are feeling relatively free from sales pressure for PP and LDPE as we have some long-standing customers who are still purchasing their normal allocations. For HDPE, however, regional demand is weak and we are looking to divert some of our allocations to other markets such as Europe, Turkey and South America. We hear that some buyers in Vietnam are placing buy ideas for HDPE film at around $1170/ton,” a producer source commented.
Import prices currently stand at $965-1130/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia, at $1150-1230/ton for HDPE film and at $1170-1270/ton for LDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs