SE Asian players: PP supplies are comfortable despite lack of Mid-East origins
In Thailand, where market activities have gradually slowed down in line with the late king’s cremation ceremony to take place on October 25-29, a converter noted, “We have not received offers from some Saudi producers since September.”
In Indonesia, a converter noted, “We heard that a Saudi producer will have a planned PP maintenance late this year, probably in November. We have not received their new PP offers and we think allocation from the region will be limited by the end of this year in the midst of shutdowns in the Middle East.”
Despite the lack of Middle Eastern cargoes, a trader reported that an Indonesian producer will restart its PP plants by next week after a maintenance shutdown started in September.
In Vietnam, an agent of a Taiwanese producer also reported that supplies from Taiwan are quite comfortable. “We think prices will soften in the days ahead as supplies are normal while demand remains unresponsive,” he added.
For further up-to-date PP production news, please see PP Production News
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops