SE Asian players: PP supplies are comfortable despite lack of Mid-East origins
In Thailand, where market activities have gradually slowed down in line with the late king’s cremation ceremony to take place on October 25-29, a converter noted, “We have not received offers from some Saudi producers since September.”
In Indonesia, a converter noted, “We heard that a Saudi producer will have a planned PP maintenance late this year, probably in November. We have not received their new PP offers and we think allocation from the region will be limited by the end of this year in the midst of shutdowns in the Middle East.”
Despite the lack of Middle Eastern cargoes, a trader reported that an Indonesian producer will restart its PP plants by next week after a maintenance shutdown started in September.
In Vietnam, an agent of a Taiwanese producer also reported that supplies from Taiwan are quite comfortable. “We think prices will soften in the days ahead as supplies are normal while demand remains unresponsive,” he added.
For further up-to-date PP production news, please see PP Production News
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence