SE Asian producer announces May LDPE, PP prices to Malaysia
A trader stated that the producer raised their LDPE and homo-PP prices by $90/ton, PP block copolymer by $80-110/ton and PP random copolymer by $80-100/ton, bringing their new offers to $1460-1490/ton for PP block copolymer, to $1520-1540/ton for PP random copolymer and to $1410/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection, all on a DAP Malaysia, cash basis. For LDPE, the producer is offering film at $1480/ton, injection at $1520/ton and coating at $1550/ton with the same terms.
The trader commented, “We feel that the PE market will be supported by the cost side over the short term. We are now waiting to see new offers from other global producers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East