SE Asian producer cuts Sept PP, PE prices
The producer’s new prices currently stand at $1200/ton for LDPE film, $1150/ton for HDPE film, $1070/ton for PP raffia and at $1120/ton for PP block copolymer injection, all on a DAP Singapore, cash basis.
An end product manufacturer in the Philippines reported receiving HDPE film offers with a monthly decrease of $30/ton from the Southeast Asian producer. “Demand for our end products is sluggish and that is the reason why we do not want to buy in large quantities. We attribute the downturn in demand to the rainy season and ghost month. However, we expect prices to pick up in September-October period,” the manufacturer said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect