SE Asian producer lifts PS prices to the region
When compared to their initial February offer levels, the producer raised their prices by $50-60/ton for GPPS to $1250-1260/ton CIF SEA, cash and by $40/ton for HIPS to $1310/ton with the same terms.
The source stated that they managed to conclude HIPS deals in the Philippines at $1290-1300/ton CIF, cash while they sold GPPS at $1250-1260/ton and HIPS at $1310/ton to Malaysia, both on a DAP, cash basis. “Our sales are going very well and we have almost sold out our March quota. We expect prices to remain firm in the near term as the market is supported by strong styrene costs which are likely to post further increases in line with several shutdowns in the region,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East