SE Asian producer raises PS prices to the region
The source commented that the PX explosion in China have contributed to the firming styrene trend in Asia. “The explosion at Dragon Aromatics’ PX plant has pushed up prices for all aromatics,” he stated. The source added that they are feeling free from sales pressure as they have limited stocks, stating, “However, our customers are still trying to negotiate for lower levels.”
In Southeast Asia, overall PS prices are currently reported at $1330-1410/ton for GPPS injection and at $1440-1470/ton for HIPS injection, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market