SE Asian producer reduces PS prices to the region
A converter who received PS prices from the producer stated, “We are not interested in purchasing for now as we are planning to wait for a while longer before deciding on our next move.”
Meanwhile, a Taiwanese producer reported that they reduced their prices to the Southeast Asian market by $5-10/ton for GPPS, $10/ton for HIPS and $30/ton for ABS this week as ongoing losses in upstream markets maintain downward pressure on prices.
In Southeast Asia, import PS prices are currently standing at $1030-1170/ton for GPPS and at $1100-1250/ton for HIPS, both on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback