SE Asian producer reduces PS prices to the region
A converter who received PS prices from the producer stated, “We are not interested in purchasing for now as we are planning to wait for a while longer before deciding on our next move.”
Meanwhile, a Taiwanese producer reported that they reduced their prices to the Southeast Asian market by $5-10/ton for GPPS, $10/ton for HIPS and $30/ton for ABS this week as ongoing losses in upstream markets maintain downward pressure on prices.
In Southeast Asia, import PS prices are currently standing at $1030-1170/ton for GPPS and at $1100-1250/ton for HIPS, both on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia