SEA Freight Rate Update
Freight rates for 20’ containers from Ho Chi Minh City to Shanghai, China were reported at $50/container while rates to Thailand stand at $20/container, both stable from initial October levels. Freight rates from Ho Chi Minh City to Indonesia are reported at $200/container for 20’ containers, also steady from October. Freight rates to Malaysia are also unchanged at $100/container.
For destinations further west, freight rates from Ho Chi Minh City to Nhava Sheva, India for a 20’ container were reported at $550/ container, up $50/ container from initial October levels. Rates to Mersin, Turkey are quoted at $1850/container, up $100/container from October. Meanwhile, November rates for 20’ containers from Ho Chi Minh City to Hamburg and Rotterdam in Northwest Europe stand at $1700/container, up $500/container from October.
Shipments to China, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia are also subject to a $45/container emergency bunker surcharge. These rates will be valid until November 30, 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons