SEA Freight Rate Update
Freight rates for 40’ containers from Ho Chi Minh City to Shanghai, China were reported at $30/container.
Freight rates from Ho Chi Minh City to Indonesia are reported at $70/container for 20’ containers and at $140/container for 40’ containers. Freight rates to Port Klang, Malaysia are at $20/container for 20’ containers and at $40/container for 40’ containers.
For destinations further west, freight rates from Ho Chi Minh City to Mexico for a 20’ container were reported at $1100/ container and for a 40’ container at $1200/container. Rates to Mersin, Turkey are quoted at $1650/container for 40’ containers. Meanwhile, March rates for 20’ containers from Ho Chi Minh City to Hamburg and Rotterdam in Northwest Europe stand at $1050/container and 40’ containers at $1900/container.
Shipments to China, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia are also subject to a $45/container emergency bunker surcharge. These rates will be valid until March 31, 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers