SEA Freight Rate Update
Freight rates for 40’ containers from Ho Chi Minh City to Shanghai, China were reported at $30/container.
Freight rates from Ho Chi Minh City to Indonesia are reported at $70/container for 20’ containers and at $140/container for 40’ containers. Freight rates to Port Klang, Malaysia are at $20/container for 20’ containers and at $40/container for 40’ containers.
For destinations further west, freight rates from Ho Chi Minh City to Mexico for a 20’ container were reported at $1100/ container and for a 40’ container at $1200/container. Rates to Mersin, Turkey are quoted at $1650/container for 40’ containers. Meanwhile, March rates for 20’ containers from Ho Chi Minh City to Hamburg and Rotterdam in Northwest Europe stand at $1050/container and 40’ containers at $1900/container.
Shipments to China, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia are also subject to a $45/container emergency bunker surcharge. These rates will be valid until March 31, 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May