SEA, India receive increasing number of US PVC offers amid China-US trade war
A trader in India noted that US PVC offers emerged at very competitive levels this week. He commented, “It seems that US PVC suppliers are turning their attention to other export outlets as trade relations between China and the US are still delicate amid bilateral tariffs.”
The trader heard that a US producer’s PVC k67 offer to Indian buyers stands below the $900/ton CIF threshold. “Meanwhile, import k67 offers for South Korean, Thai and Ukrainian origins decreased by $10-20/ton from last week. Demand towards import PVC remains tepid, yet buyers might be interested in competitively-priced US origins,” he said.
A global trader offering US PVC in Asian markets reported that they reduced their prices by $10-20/ton on a weekly basis and opined, “We are seeking to divert our US PVC allocations from China to Southeast Asia nowadays. Chinese buyers are not showing interest in import transactions given escalating trade tensions while lower PVC futures on the Dalian Commodity Exchange have also pushed buyers to the sidelines in the country.”
The trader currently offers its US PVC k67 cargoes to Vietnam at very competitive levels when compared to the prevailing price levels for mainstream origins.
In Vietnam, a domestic producer rolled over its September PVC prices from August to the local market. A producer source commented, “We heard that some of our customers received US k67 offers at/below the $850/ton CIF, cash level this week. However, they are not willing to purchase from the US given long shipping durations.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East