SEA and Mid-Eastern PE suppliers adopt different pricing policies for Sept in Asia
A Singaporean agent of a Middle Eastern producer reported that their supplier announced its September PE prices to Southeast Asia with rollovers to increases when compared to August. The producer raised its LLDPE film offers by $50/ton on the month while applying rollovers for HDPE film.
A different Middle Eastern producer opined, “Demand towards LLDPE is better than HDPE as our regional customers are placing lower bids for HDPE in the midst of increasing supplies for US origins. We expect to be able to sell more quantities to China in the near term as the country started to impose tariffs on US HDPE and LLDPE while Southeast Asia may receive more PE supplies from the US.”
Meanwhile, players in Indonesia received $10/ton higher offers for LDPE from a Southeast Asian producer while another regional producer elected to implement $20/ton decreases on its September LDPE and HDPE offers to the country.
A source from the latter producer commented, “We reduced our prices slightly for September given weak sentiment across the region. The number of US HDPE prices is increasing in the market and these are offering a very competitive edge. As for HDPE film, we believe that the market has room for further decreases since the gap between HDPE and other PE products is still too wide.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East