SEA and Mid-Eastern PE suppliers adopt different pricing policies for Sept in Asia
A Singaporean agent of a Middle Eastern producer reported that their supplier announced its September PE prices to Southeast Asia with rollovers to increases when compared to August. The producer raised its LLDPE film offers by $50/ton on the month while applying rollovers for HDPE film.
A different Middle Eastern producer opined, “Demand towards LLDPE is better than HDPE as our regional customers are placing lower bids for HDPE in the midst of increasing supplies for US origins. We expect to be able to sell more quantities to China in the near term as the country started to impose tariffs on US HDPE and LLDPE while Southeast Asia may receive more PE supplies from the US.”
Meanwhile, players in Indonesia received $10/ton higher offers for LDPE from a Southeast Asian producer while another regional producer elected to implement $20/ton decreases on its September LDPE and HDPE offers to the country.
A source from the latter producer commented, “We reduced our prices slightly for September given weak sentiment across the region. The number of US HDPE prices is increasing in the market and these are offering a very competitive edge. As for HDPE film, we believe that the market has room for further decreases since the gap between HDPE and other PE products is still too wide.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS markets plunge to 3-year low in China, SEA
- Yuan devaluation sends import LLDPE, HDPE back to 10-year low in China
- PET markets hit two-year low in China, SEA
- Naphtha hits lowest of 2 years in Europe, 8 months in Asia; eyes on oil
- Downturn halts in Europe’s PP, PE and PVC markets ahead of holidays
- Turkish PP, PE markets enter Eid holidays on weak note
- Asia’s September PVC outlook takes shape amid dwindling supplies
- China’s import PP market yields to mounting trade war, weak demand
- PP, PE markets remain soft for another month in Egypt, Mid-East ahead of Eid
- PE sentiment shifts on higher ethylene in Europe