SEA players receive Oct LLDPE prices from Middle East
A shopping bag manufacturer operating in Vietnam reported that they received an LLDPE film offer for October from a Saudi Arabian source at $1150/ton CIF Vietnam, cash. “We placed bids at $1120/ton, but the source has not accepted our offer yet. We feel that prices may see some upward movement in the near term as demand is likely to be better. We need to replenish our stocks soon,” he stated.
A trader also reported that a Saudi supplier revealed their new October LLDPE film prices at $1230/ton CIF Vietnam, cash basis. He commented, “We believe that buyers will start to restock soon as they have been delaying their purchases for quite a long time. However, we don’t expect to see large scale purchases as demand for end products is not that bright.”
Meanwhile, a bag manufacturer in Vietnam reported purchasing some HDPE film for October shipment from a Saudi source at $1140/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
In Southeast Asia, overall import LLDPE film prices currently stand at $1140-1230/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook