SEA players receive Oct LLDPE prices from Middle East
A shopping bag manufacturer operating in Vietnam reported that they received an LLDPE film offer for October from a Saudi Arabian source at $1150/ton CIF Vietnam, cash. “We placed bids at $1120/ton, but the source has not accepted our offer yet. We feel that prices may see some upward movement in the near term as demand is likely to be better. We need to replenish our stocks soon,” he stated.
A trader also reported that a Saudi supplier revealed their new October LLDPE film prices at $1230/ton CIF Vietnam, cash basis. He commented, “We believe that buyers will start to restock soon as they have been delaying their purchases for quite a long time. However, we don’t expect to see large scale purchases as demand for end products is not that bright.”
Meanwhile, a bag manufacturer in Vietnam reported purchasing some HDPE film for October shipment from a Saudi source at $1140/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
In Southeast Asia, overall import LLDPE film prices currently stand at $1140-1230/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year