SEA players receive more July PP, PE prices from the Mid-East
The producer cut their prices by $20/ton for LLDPE and by $90/ton for homo-PP when compared to their June announcements. No comparison is available for HDPE film and PP block copolymer as they did not allocate any quotas for these products last month due to their limited supplies.
The producer’s July offers reportedly stand at $1260/ton for PP raffia and injection, at $1370/ton for PP block copolymer, at $1370/ton for LLDPE film and at $1390/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
The distributor commented, “The producer’s availability for PPBC and HDPE film remains tight. Hence, they maintained their offers for these products at high levels. We feel that demand is not too bad and more buyers are likely to return to the market after Ramadan.”
In Southeast Asia, overall import PP prices from the Middle East currently stand at $1340-1390/ton for LDPE and HDPE film and at $1330-1400/ton for LLDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally