SEA players receive more July PP, PE prices from the Mid-East
The producer cut their prices by $20/ton for LLDPE and by $90/ton for homo-PP when compared to their June announcements. No comparison is available for HDPE film and PP block copolymer as they did not allocate any quotas for these products last month due to their limited supplies.
The producer’s July offers reportedly stand at $1260/ton for PP raffia and injection, at $1370/ton for PP block copolymer, at $1370/ton for LLDPE film and at $1390/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
The distributor commented, “The producer’s availability for PPBC and HDPE film remains tight. Hence, they maintained their offers for these products at high levels. We feel that demand is not too bad and more buyers are likely to return to the market after Ramadan.”
In Southeast Asia, overall import PP prices from the Middle East currently stand at $1340-1390/ton for LDPE and HDPE film and at $1330-1400/ton for LLDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount