SEA players start to receive Aug PE, PP prices from Mid-East
The producer’s August prices stand at $1180/ton for PP raffia and injection, at $1290/ton for PP block copolymer, at $1340/ton for HDPE film and at $1310/ton for LLDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
The source commented, “Our allocations will be limited until the start of 2016 due to a planned maintenance shutdown at our plant. We are planning to shut our plant for around 2-3 months in the fourth quarter of this year.”
Meanwhile, a trader operating in Southeast Asia reported that they received August PE offers from a Middle Eastern producer at $1310/ton for LLDPE film and at $1320/ton for HDPE film, both on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis. “We think that demand may not improve before September due to seasonal reasons,” he stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops