SEA players start to receive Aug PE, PP prices from Mid-East
The producer’s August prices stand at $1180/ton for PP raffia and injection, at $1290/ton for PP block copolymer, at $1340/ton for HDPE film and at $1310/ton for LLDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
The source commented, “Our allocations will be limited until the start of 2016 due to a planned maintenance shutdown at our plant. We are planning to shut our plant for around 2-3 months in the fourth quarter of this year.”
Meanwhile, a trader operating in Southeast Asia reported that they received August PE offers from a Middle Eastern producer at $1310/ton for LLDPE film and at $1320/ton for HDPE film, both on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis. “We think that demand may not improve before September due to seasonal reasons,” he stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect