SEA producer announces July PE prices to regional markets
The producer’s new offers stand at $1420/ton for LDPE film and at $1380/ton for HDPE film, both on a CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis. “Overall demand remains limited as we have not concluded any deals yet despite our reductions. Buyers are mostly expecting to see further decreases. For the local market, we are planning to announce our new prices next week,” the source commented.
Meanwhile, a converter operating in Thailand reported that he received an LDPE film offer for July shipment from the same Southeast Asian producer with a $60/ton decrease from June at $1440/ton CIF, cash. He stated, “We are not seeing good demand for our end products.”
In Southeast Asia, overall import PE prices are currently reported at $1420-1440/ton for LDPE film and at $1380-1415/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF Southeast Asia, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally