SEA producer announces June LDPE, PP prices to Malaysia
A trader stated that the producer reduced their homo-PP prices by $10/ton, bringing their new offers to $1400/ton on a DAP Malaysia, cash basis. For copolymer grades, the producer reportedly rolled over their prices from May at $1460-1490/ton for PPBC and at $1520-1600/ton for PPRC with the same terms.
According to the trader, the producer lifted their LDPE prices for June by $20/ton, bringing their new offers to $1500/ton for film, to $1540/ton for injection and to $1570/ton for coating, all on a DAP Malaysia, cash basis.
“The producer’s LDPE increases surprised buyers as demand is not strong while spot ethylene costs are soft nowadays. We think that the producer is trying to catch up with the current market level as their offers were standing at low levels for the last months,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops