SEA producer announces May PP, PE prices to regional markets
The producer raised their prices by $90/ton for homo-PP, $100/ton for HDPE and $190/ton for LDPE, bringing their new PP offers to $1420/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection, to $1450/ton for PP film, to $1470/ton for PP block copolymer and homo-PP fibre and to $1550/ton for PP random copolymer injection, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis. For PE, the producer’s May prices stand at $1520/ton for LDPE film, at $1430/ton for HDPE film and at $1450/ton for HDPE blow moulding with the same terms.
Prior to the producer’s May announcement, players in Southeast Asia were generally voicing firm expectations in line with stronger upstream costs and tight supply from both Asia and the Middle East.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops