SEA producer issues Jan PE, PP prices to the region, sold out to China
Their new offers stand at $1330/ton for LDPE film, at $1180/ton for HDPE film, at $1130/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection and at $1200/ton for PPBC injection, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis. According to the source, their new LDPE offers are up by $10/ton when compared to their initial December levels.
“We had concluded some HDPE film deals at $1140/ton CIF SEA for December, yet we are planning to stand firm on our offers now and we will divert our cargoes to China if regional buyers don’t accept them,” the source stated.
The producer concluded January deals in China at $1160-1170/ton for HDPE film, at $1360/ton for LDPE film, at $1130/ton for PP raffia and at $1200/ton for PPBC injection, all on a CIF China, cash basis. The source said, “We find LDPE film sell ideas above $1400/ton to be too ambitious since demand is slower than last month given buyers’ resistance to surging prices. However, China still offers better netbacks when compared to other export outlets such as Turkey and Southeast Asia as supplies remain limited in the country.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Nascent PE price increases may face demand obstacle in SE Asia
- Demand key as Asian PS and ABS market trends diverge
- Asian styrene prices rebound on increased demand, short-covering
- Global PET markets weighed by falling feedstock costs
- Run rate cuts managed to prop up Asian ethylene, propylene prices
- Saudi major revises down Sept PP, PE offers in East Med, Egypt
- Tightening supplies embolden PP producers to hike prices in SE Asia
- European PP, PE lose premium over global markets, what lies ahead?
- Turkey’s PVC market in flux amid calm demand, reduced supply
- China PE markets cautiously rebound after 5-month downtrend