SEA producer reveals Jan PP, PE prices to regional markets
The producer’s new PE prices are standing at $1250/ton for LDPE film, at $1280/ton for HDPE film and at $1300/ton for HDPE blow moulding and injection, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis. For PP, the producer is offering at $1280/ton for raffia and injection, at $1350/ton for PP block copolymer and at $1450/ton for PP random copolymer with the same terms.
“Demand is slightly better in China’s local market as some done deals were reported this week due to firmer future prices. However, Chinese buyers are not interested in import cargoes. Meanwhile, we received an HDPE film bid from a Vietnamese buyer at $1200/ton for 300 tons and we are now evaluating this bid. We expect to see further decreases in January,” a source from the producer commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets