SEA producer steps back from October PP, PE prices
The source stated, “Softening upstream costs are exerting a downward pressure on all polymer prices and we expect that the current downward trend will remain in place over the near term while PP and PE prices may touch new lows. Especially in China, our sales are quite slow and we may divert some of our cargoes to other markets including Latin America in order to conclude better deals.” He added that they are planning to announce their new November prices next week although they are feeling uncertain about the near-term outlook.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets