SEA producer voices PE, PP sell ideas for November
A source from the producer stated that they are planning to announce their November prices to China at $1520/ton for LDPE film, at $1540-1550/ton for HDPE film and at $1600/ton for PP block copolymer, all on a CFR China, cash basis. In China, they are currently offering LDPE film at $1580/ton, HDPE film at $1560/ton, PP block copolymer at $1640/ton and homo-PP film at $1660/ton with the same terms.
In Southeast Asia, the producer is planning to announce their new November prices at $1550/ton for LDPE and HDPE film, at $1620/ton for PP block copolymer injection, and at $1550-1560/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis. Their current PP and PE offers in the regional markets are standing at $1580/ton for LDPE film, at $1560/ton for HDPE film, at $1650/ton for LLDPE film and at $1660/ton for homo-PP film with the same terms.
The source said, “We are planning to announce our new November offers in a day or two depending on the situation. For now, we are offering at stable levels. We feel that most buyers are still expecting to see lower prices and they are reluctant to accept high levels. We are not feeling optimistic about the near-term outlook as prices are likely to continue to lose ground.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high