SEA producer voices PE sell ideas for Feb to regional markets
A source from the producer reported that they are planning to announce their February PE prices to regional markets at $1150-1180/ton CIF SEA, cash for both LDPE and HDPE film. When compared to the producer’s most recently reported levels, these sell ideas represent decreases of $100-130/ton for HDPE film and $70-100/ton for LDPE film.
The source stated, “Sentiment remains discouraging and even our regular customers are placing orders with lesser volumes compared to their normal allocations.”
In Southeast Asia, import HDPE film prices are currently standing at $1070-1185/ton CFR SEA, cash equivalent while a limited number of import LDPE prices are reported in the range of $1200-1285/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns