SEA producer voices PE sell ideas for Feb to regional markets
A source from the producer reported that they are planning to announce their February PE prices to regional markets at $1150-1180/ton CIF SEA, cash for both LDPE and HDPE film. When compared to the producer’s most recently reported levels, these sell ideas represent decreases of $100-130/ton for HDPE film and $70-100/ton for LDPE film.
The source stated, “Sentiment remains discouraging and even our regular customers are placing orders with lesser volumes compared to their normal allocations.”
In Southeast Asia, import HDPE film prices are currently standing at $1070-1185/ton CFR SEA, cash equivalent while a limited number of import LDPE prices are reported in the range of $1200-1285/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness